Soccer player dies in crash with car, other injured after collision with vehicle

Soccer player, a former Manchester United defender, died in a car crash with other people who were riding in a vehicle that was heading toward him in the UK, according to the BBC.

The 27-year-old had been driving a Honda Civic that was headed to an event in a city near the Welsh border with Northern Ireland when it was hit by a Ford Focus driven by a 32-year old man who was in his 50s, the BBC reported.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the Focus, a 31-year man from Llandudno, Wales, told the BBC he had driven the car for the weekend and did not see any other passengers.

“It was a bit of a mistake.

I wasn’t looking at the car.

I was looking at my phone.

It went straight through,” the man said.

The BBC reported that the Focus was driven by “a 32-old man in his early 40s, from Llanelli, Llanduyshire, who has no previous convictions for driving under the influence.”

The driver told police that he was heading to the venue to catch a game but that he saw the driver in the car and thought the car was “wasting his time.”

The BBC said that the driver did not want to talk to the media.

It added that “the man has been issued with a caution.”

The Focus was a common car in the region.

The vehicle was hit in an area that has seen at least 10 road fatalities in 2017.

“We are devastated to learn of the tragic death of a beloved member of the Llandun Wales community,” the Welsh Premier League said in a statement.

The Wales Football Association said it was working with local authorities to identify the driver.

The Focus has been sold for about $1 million to a private buyer, and the Welsh Government said that it was providing a “sustained and adequate response” to the crash.

The car was not involved in a serious crash before or after the crash, the Welsh Football Association told the Associated Press.

“There are no concerns that the car has been involved in any serious accident before or since the incident and there are no ongoing safety issues,” the league said in an emailed statement.